PIMS INTERNATIONAL B.V. has specialized in the development of methodology and software solutions that meet the Dutch legal requirements on Pipeline Integrity Management practice (BEVB). Since our foundation in 2009, we have provided tailor made risk- and integrity management solutions to operators of large pipeline and high voltage networks, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
Click on image for information on our Risk Assessment features
The solution of PIMS INTERNATIONAL B.V. on Risk Management Practice is called Bowstar and has been developed in close cooperation with major pipeline operators in the Netherlands (Gaz de France SUEZ, Total and Gasunie). Bowstar supplies the tools that enable the pipeline operator to manage integrity and risk in an economical way. Major elements are:
- An enhanced bowtie risk assessment technique with as special features:
- Highly structured inventory of threats, consequences, escalations and mitigations for all life cycle of the assets including the inventory of effectiveness and costs,
- Algorithms that enable the economic evaluation of all mitigations (new and existing),
- Quantification and visualization of the effect of (new) mitigations in the risk matrix,
- Balancing between preventive and repressive mitigations to find the most economical solution in managing the risk.
- A process model demonstrating the transparency of all integrity related operational activities and the way the cycle of improvement has been embedded in daily practice,
- A methodology that supports the Asset Manager in investment decissions (see our publication (Journal of Pipeline Engineering, 4th Quarter 2012, Vol. 12, No. 4)
Our bowtie methodology and accompanying software is specifically designed to ensure fulfilment of all major requirements on Asset Integrity Management practice and supports the operator in reporting requirements. We are able to assist asset managers in finding the key aspects in the data that will allow for a useful general overview of the whole asset infrastructure. Also, we will be able to define the optimal balance between cost, reliability, safety and asset value, and find the optimal strategy for risk mitigation.
Find more information about our services and software under the menu's Services and Software or click on the picture above for a presentation about our Bowstar Functions.